Finding Myself

I always had this fear embedded in me that everyone around me would eventually leave me.

Which is the reason why I always keep my thoughts to myself; too scared that if I told the person about it, he would find it too much too soon to handle and leave.

I have always tried to be on my best behavior as well. Ensuring that I only ever put my best foot forward – meaning to keep my attitude in check and ensuring that I do not mess up anything.

Everything that I have done was to make everyone around me happy – everyone but me.

There comes a time when you get tired of holding on – of trying to please everyone else instead of yourself. When everything gets too hard to keep up, too hard to hold onto. When your resolve starts to break and you just want an out from your head.

I have lost myself along the way by trying to constantly please everyone around me. I’ve grown to be more dependent on people, because I was constantly thinking about how everything I do would affect them. I have lost my feisty touch, my fire. I have also lost myself by always having too high of an expectation and hope for the people around me.

At the start of the year, I told myself to lower my expectations and learn to put myself first. Eight months into the year and here I am, in a place worse than before. I have truly lost all sense of what makes me and I am tired.

Find someone whom you are comfortable with. Who you know will never leave you for showing your true self. Who will stick by you and continue to fight for you. Someone who will never allow you to lose yourself, and who will fight for you if you do.

I am tired of giving my 100% to someone else and have it not reciprocated back. Leaving everything familiar is so difficult but you have to step out of the box to grow. If you are suffocating in a non growing box, maybe it is time to break out of it. If you are putting yourself second, don’t. You are the most important person in your own life.

If you don’t put yourself first, who would?

“Do not be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself trying to please others.” My mom told me that and it has never rang so true to me as now.

People come and go but you are here to stay.

follow shauneeie on instagram: @shauneeie or like facebook page: @shauneeie for more food and travel escapades

author-avatar

On the constant search for her eyes, and food to fill up her perpetually empty belly.

6 Replies to "Finding Myself"

• comment-avatar
    link 188bet June 9, 2018 (3:16 pm)

Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared across
    the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for now not positioning this submit higher!
    Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thanks =) http://www.betfortuna1.com/188bet

• comment-avatar
    mihrabqolbi.com June 20, 2018 (11:30 am)

I ⅼike this web blog it’s a master piece! Glad I ɗiscovered this
    on google.

• comment-avatar
    discovered video marketing June 21, 2018 (2:21 am)

Good ? I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website.

I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to
    do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least.
    Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, website theme .
    a tones way for your client to communicate. Nice task.

• comment-avatar
    hot water June 21, 2018 (2:37 am)

You can certainly see your expertise within the work you write.
    The sector hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren’t afraid to mention how they believe.

Always follow your heart.

• comment-avatar
    submersible water pumps June 21, 2018 (9:57 am)

Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to
    see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
    sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

• comment-avatar
    Recommended Site June 22, 2018 (8:48 am)

A decentralized ecosystem where digital items on all gaming platforms could be offered
    as liquid property. Decentralized Exchange and Semi-Decentralized Change will present
    the Exit and the Entrance to the Blockchain Network.
    Cashaa’s wallet system, built-in with the peer to peer trade with full
    spectrum of absolutely digital financial companies, enables its group to save, spend, borrow
    and get insured, with a simplified user expertise in a legally compliant means.
    WandX is a decentralized platform on the Ethereum blockchain which enables users to create, trade, and settle any financial instrument on crypto-belongings.

The primary branch, – is a traditional fairness crowdfunding
    platform that helps investors find business projects
    with different degrees of danger and profitability.

The usage of blockchain know-how will make our community
    safe and clear. Agrello develops an AI powered interface, allowing you
    to simply create and manage smart-contract-based agreements that are legally
    binding, just like conventional contracts. REGA Danger Sharing is a platform for providing insurance
    companies in the type of p2p between people and teams, based mostly on blockchain technologies.

ALIS token will be purchased and bought like Ethereum
    and extra ALIS evaluations one will get, the more tokens
    that can be distributed to contributors of ALIS. An enormous community of promising FinTech corporations
    worldwide, constantly outperforming banks outcomes.Change makes use of cutting-edge blockchain know-how to
    provide most privacy and security to its users. The introduced
    board games include:- Cryptocurrency board game “Blockchain”.- Genesis is a post-cyberpunk shooter with many distinctive features and mechanics that may appeal to almost each gamer,
    that includes a bunch of sport modes.

The FundRequest Platform is an integrated platform where builders can get compensated for their work and the place individuals
    can incentivise developers to handle bugs, or contribute to a
    particular feature, through crowdfunding on the Ethereum blockchain. Observe
    that should you preserve your NXT on an trade, you may need to
    make sure the trade will send you your IGNIS tokens. Genaro Network, because the creator behind the blockchain 3.zero idea,
    goals to contribute to blockchain infrastructure know-how growth.

Autoria is the world’s first supply-curve modeled cryptocurrency,
    with a distribution model which solves lots of the issues going through ICO’s today.
    Change is the decentralised CryptoBank, which allows to access a variety of global financial
    companies merchandise from a network of partners throughout the globe.
    Our system is absolutely decentralized and constructed on prime of the Ethereum blockchain, a highly scalable
    disruptive blockchain expertise which is being supported by thousand of miners
    all over the world.

… Buyers hope that profitable tasks will cause tokens’ value to
    rise. Storm Market is utilizing blockchain expertise to create more earning opportunities for customers all all over the world.
    The primary process of the project is to create a blockchain platform which can be used by
    the world’s ticket industry to resolve the primary market’s problems,
    similar to faux tickets and an unmanageable
    secondary market. VerifyUnion is a decentralized Digital Identification and Trust Verification platform with a Social Scoring
    Engine.

BioCoin, a blockchain platform and BIO cryptocurrency, is a system of mutual settlements
    between users. These tokens symbolize a type of shares within the mission. The Lunyr challenge aims to construct a decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia, on which
    users are rewarded for peer-reviewing and contributing
    info. Wales says that ICOs are “absolute scams” however he finds some
    worth in blockchain technology. Non-tradable popularity tokens are issued issued when Residents create a contract, efficiently complete a contract,
    or resolve a dispute connected to a contract.

Being construct on Ethereum, the platform is decentralized and censorship-resistant.
    The Blackmoon Crypto Platform focuses on all of the features of tokenized investment autos, from know-how and infrastructure, to authorized compliance and corporate structuring.
    Bitpoker is a decentralised online poker platform based on blockchain expertise.
    By growing a software protocol in sensible contracts, risk-cybernetics may be applied to crypto-token selection in a portfolio
    setting with MVSK utility optimization, where MVSK is imply-variance-skewness-kurtosis paradigm that higher describes and
    captures the inherent dangers and returns of
    crypto-currencies, that are non-regular and often skewed or fats-tailed.

UnikoinGold is designed as a decentralized ERC20 token on the
    Ethereumblockchain utilized for and permitting for the exchange and interchange of a digital level-based reward system for the purpose of legaland
    licensed betting on esports matches, tournaments and other engagement round gaming.
    However, by distributing these cash over a long period,
    and due to relatively low costs for Reddcoin on cryptocurrency Exchanges for
    many of the first 6 months of the coin’s existence, this variation didn’t create a vastly disproportionate
    control of cash in the arms of IPCO buyers, as anyone was capable of buy
    Reddcoins at approximately the identical worth as IPCO buyers for a lot of months.

The rewards and advantages of manufacturing enterprise-grade Open-Supply software program
    have largely been muted by the shortage of monetization for Open Supply,
    leaving extremely skilled Open-Source builders with no strategy to harvest the true worth of their focal point of Wireline can be a microservices alternate:
    a possibility for the huge group of Open-Source builders
    to monetize enterprise-targeted initiatives; a marketplace for
    businesses to discover, test and integrate microservices that may
    be seamlessly combined to construct custom-made solutions.